The LuDela story began in Burkina Faso in West Africa where LuDela founder Jamie Bianchini was on a world tour by tandem bicycle. One night he checked into a rustic guesthouse where he was given a candle as his light source. Jamie accidentally fell asleep with the candle burning and woke to a room filled with thick smoke from a candle fire. Luckily, he was able to put the fire out and nobody was hurt.
As he rode his bike onwards the next day the inspiration for the LuDela innovation came to him. He knew there had to be a safer and more enjoyable way to experience real-flame candlelight. After four years of relentless research and development, LuDela launched the first Remote-Controlled Real-Flame Candle in Fall 2018.
By 2019 LuDela sold out and we quickly went to work improving the product based on customer feedback. In November 2020 our updated LuDela product line was introduced offering 3-times more burn time, 5-times more battery life, enhanced decor, increased safety, and an optimal user experience. This new LuDela even caught the attention of top tech editors at CNET, Wall Street Journal, Forbes and more.
Better Light, Better Lives
At LuDela, we believe the right light makes everything better. Candlelight has been an adored and celebrated source of natural ambient light for over 5,000 years. However, real flame candlelight has seen virtually zero innovation to address the many challenges associated with traditional burning candles, like wax mess, stuck wicks, dim flames, and a lack of peace of mind.
With LuDela’s increased convenience, decor, and safety you can now make candlelight a daily ritual. LuDela delivers a truly better source of natural candlelight so you can enjoy a better life filled with deeper relaxation, romance, connection, and mindfulness that we believe real-flame candlelight facilitates.
LuDela Technology & Design
LuDela is like a light switch for natural real-flame candlelight. Now you can create the perfect ambiance for any occasion with the touch of a button and extinguish all your candles instantly as well.
Relax and enjoy increased peace of mind with LuDela’s safety features. LuDela’s Tilt-Extinguish extinguishes the flame on accidental falls, and our Touch Extinguish feature extinguishes the flame when fingers touch the top plate of the candle. Our Timer Extinguish blows out your candles at a time you select.
From a design and decor perspective, LuDela is ingenious. Unlike traditional decorative pillar candles, LuDela does not melt down, lose its accent decor benefits during use, or create a wax mess. Also, the large, proud flame never tunnels down like traditional pillars. This allows you to enjoy bright, consistent, real-flame candlelight ambience without the flame disappearing into the pillar and dimming over time.
Your safety is a top priority and a core value for our company. Although we have enabled technology to create a safer real-flame candle experience, your LuDela is still a real flame candle that requires the same attention and good judgment as any traditional candle. Below you'll find some important safety tips to incorporate, whether you use LuDela or traditional candles.
Here’s some tips to help increase safety and reduce fire danger:
- Always keep your LuDela within sight when you have it burning. Extinguish when leaving a room or before going to sleep and look to be sure it went out.
- Never burn your LuDela on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep them away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, and other flammable surfaces, items or fabrics.
- Keep your LuDela out of the reach of children and pets.
- Be sure each LuDela or the candle holder it is on is placed on a stable surface.
- Keep the top of the candle cartridge free of oil at all times. Sometimes oil can leak during shipment or when moving the candle, and puddle on the top metal section of the refill. Wipe up any oil before use.
- Always read and follow our use and safety instructions carefully.
- Keep your LuDela away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent overheating of the pan around the flame. Drafts can also blow nearby lightweight items into the flame where they could catch fire.
- Never touch or move a lit LuDela while in use.
- Extinguish and allow your LuDela to cool for at least 3 minutes before moving.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.
- Never use a LuDela Pillar as a night light.